Reporting to the Store Manager, the objective of the Assistant Manager is to assist the Store Manager in managing the store in order to achieve the company objectives for sales, hours and profitability in accordance with company policies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in meeting and exceeding sales objectives
- Maintaining labor according to plan
- Assist with recruitment, hiring, and training
- Adhering to and enforcing the 5 non-negotiables
- Ensuring the highest levels of customer service are met
- Ensuring accuracy of pricing and signage standards
- Receiving and processing inbound freight
- Actively driving KPIs
- Merchandising to standard
- Leading visual changes and resets
- Ensuring a deep understanding of product knowledge
- A complete understanding of the POS
The successful candidate must:
- Have flexible availability; hours vary from early mornings to late nights, 7 days a week. Be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Be able to climb ladders
- Be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Experience required: 3 years retail management
Job Type / Category
- Busy tourist location; shifts include mornings, days, evenings and nights. Availability must include 7 days a week, including Stat Holidays
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- 3 years experience in a retail management role required. Hard goods exlexperie definitely an asset.
Founded in 1935, Stokes Inc. is Canada’s leading tableware, kitchenware and home décor store. Based in Montreal, we are a privately owned and operated company with two brands at the heart of our success: Stokes and thinkkitchen. Now operating more than 150 stores in Canada and 23 stores internationally, as well as running an ever-growing online presence, we employ more than 1,000 associates and are constantly expanding our horizons.
Our mission is to bring style and value to our customers’ everyday home experience. Within our organization, we have a spirited team that creates, designs, markets and distributes a constantly evolving collection of quality merchandise at competitive prices to a large network of our stores. As a brand, our strength is built around a solid understanding of our customer and our expertise in specialty kitchen accessories and home décor.
As Canada’s leader among international competitors, both Stokes and thinkkitchen continue to thrive in our ever-crowded marketplace. Our passionate team continues to lead expansion of the business into new markets and channels, driving our core brand values across brick-and-mortar stores and online.
- management: 3 years (Required)
Interested applicants should introduce themselves to Stokes store management with resume.