Selling and Service
- Understands organizational objectives and makes decisions that align with the Company priorities and values
- Creates personal sales and clienteling strategies in partnership with the management team
- Meets customer needs through solution-oriented and forward thinking
- Builds credibility and trust as a personal fashion advisor by communicating fashion awareness and trends in the marketplace
- Understands changes in local market with potential impact on business performance and supports the execution of local sales strategies and tactics
- Creates positive impressions with customer by bringing best self to work through elevated, sophisticated, appropriate business attire consistent with Coach’s guide to style
- Demonstrates Coach’s Selling and Service expectations at all times
- Influences customers’ purchase decisions by balancing patience and assertiveness
- Takes ownership and commitment for delivering results; actively aware of personal and store metrics and achieves goals
- Flexes personal selling techniques to contribute to overall store financial results
- Demonstrates persuasive (not aggressive), confident, friendly and genuine service skills and selling behaviors
- Discusses product features and builds the sale by suggesting appropriate add on items to fit the customers’ specific needs
- Works with multiple customers simultaneously and breaks away as appropriate
- Follows up with customers consistently and genuinely to influence/close the sale
- Develops product knowledge skills and remains aware of current collections
- Demonstrates knowledge of competition and can apply that knowledge to building sales and customer relationships
- Drives business through sales strategies, clienteling, sourcing new customers and maintaining on-going productive relationships with customers
- Sensitive to customers’ needs and tailors approach by reading cues
- Builds lasting and loyal relationships with customers
- Ensures all daily tasks are completed without negatively impacting service or Coach Standards
Workplace and Environment
- Creates enthusiasm and positivity for a shared vision and mission
- Fosters and environment of teamwork, trust and collaboration with peers, customers and supervisors
- Demonstrates confidence when working with customers
- Takes initiative; has a high-level of ownership and accountability for individual results
- Welcomes feedback and adapts behaviors as appropriate
- Represents Coach as a brand ambassador at all times
- Is adaptable and flexible to change
- Maintains a calm and professional demeanor at all times
- Creates short and long-term strategies to achieve personal metrics and performance goals
- Utilizes Company tools to keep self-informed
- Handles and offers solutions to customer issues appropriately and involves a manager when necessary
- Promotes and endorses a team selling environment
- Completes daily operational tasks including maintaining store (sales floor and backroom), cash wrap and visual merchandising to Coach standards consistently and in a timely manner
- Adheres to all retail policies and procedures including POS, Operations and Loss Prevention procedures
- Leverages Coach’s tools and technology to support relationship building and clienteling efforts; including to drive sales and achieve individual goals
- Replenishes inventory on sales floor as needed
- Processes shipments as needed
Experience: 1- 3 year of previous selling experience in a luxury retail service environment preferred. Possesses current knowledge of fashion trends and competition in the marketplace.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
Technical: Knowledge of cash registers systems, basic computer skills (including the ability to use iPad/laptop, Mobile POS and Internet)
Physical: Ability to communicate effectively with customers and team. Mobility to maneuver the sales floor and stock room to provide and support customer service. Reach above/bend to obtain product for customers from store fixtures/shelves at various heights and climb ladders/stairs/step-stools to perform visual merchandising and housekeeping duties. Ability to frequently lift and carry up to five pounds and at times lift and carry product/cartons up to fifty pounds to process product shipment/transfers.
Schedule: Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights, weekends, busy seasons, and high retail traffic and sales days(including but not limited to; Black Friday, Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, etc.). Hour requirements will be 15-20 hours, however, is negotiable.
Note: This document serves only as a sample of the job duties and responsibilities and does not include an exhaustive list of all performance requirements.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.