Overall Job Responsibilities: The Store Manager is responsible for; maximizing the selling opportunities and daily sales results to ensure profitability of the store, day to day operations and leadership of the team, ensuring company policy and procedures are adhered to and overall staff training and development.
Job Responsibility including but not limited to:
To provide exceptional customer service through both direct and indirect selling techniques, according to Mountain Warehouse standards and expectations. To understand and accomplish the Non-negotiables in; operations, service, sales with a commitment to the 7 steps of selling, for the demands of the business on the selling floor, fitting room, cash point and stockroom replenishment.
- Training and development of the staff, building individual skill sets and product knowledge to build competency in the team’s ability to carry out daily tasks, operations and enhance the customer experience.
- Organize and delegate daily tasks to all staff, prioritize responsibilities and keep a regular follow up and overview of tasks to completion.
- Lead and maintain recruitment of high quality team members, onboarding, training and succession planning of the team.
- Ensure compliancy of company policy and procedures of staff uniform, overall motivation, and disciplinary action when required.
- Maintain a full overview of the store to maximize selling opportunities through combined operational, commercial and visual focus to achieve stores highest profitability levels.
- Set up of promotions, displays, windows and signage as per company directives and standards, ensuring team is up to date on all active and current promotions.
- Maintain visual standards as per the company expectations, upkeep on overall product presentation and replenishment.
Job Knowledge and Operations:
- Management of staff in all matters regarding; cash handling, till systems, customer transactions and till procedures.
- Authorize exchanges and refunds, authorize staff purchases, all till procedures, opening till procedure and set up, end of day transaction and cash balancing.
- Completion of daily paperwork, delivery confirmation, and shortage reports.
- Scheduling as needed in accordance to budgets, sales targets and other resources to maximize the stores profitability, and consistently having the next 4 weeks rotation displayed in advance on staff notice board.
- Managers must schedule accordingly around promotions, special events and holidays to ensure proper staffing levels are available to accommodate customer’s needs.
- Responsible for ongoing training sessions and continuous development of the staff/team to maximize product knowledge and help encourage staff to expand their knowledge base.
- Managers actively work with garments on a daily basis, including shipment processing, stocking, replenishment, displays, merchandising all to the Mountain Warehouse visual guidelines to maximize selling opportunities, monitoring for stock management and inventory control.
- Operate cash point and handle all required transactions, address and handle all customer questions or concerns, ensuring transaction accuracy and issuing receipts.
- Shipment delivery: stock control and unpacking of merchandise, hang, size cube and price all merchandise where necessary ready for visual placement on the selling floor within a 24 hour time period.
- Maintaining key visual standards on the sales floor and stockroom including, stock levels, cleanliness and general housekeeping throughout the day.
- Fully responsible for overall store function and operations.
- Ability to analyze sales figures and stock movement, use of the company computer portal and comfortability in making strong commercial decisions.
- Responsible for overall sales, budgets, cost control, comparison sales to last year, analyze sales to target and review future sales trends to maximize and keep the stores profitability.
- Control of wage costs, kept within budgets and company guidelines ensuring no overspends occur.
- Record keeping of daily sales, IPC and ATV
- Stores banking/cash control, ensuring staff follow proper procedures in sales, banking and transaction procedures.
- To ensure daily checks on price changes, reductions, transfers and daily cash register routines.
- Keeping a steady and fast pace, to ensure customer are welcomed and needs are met, completion of stock, replenishment and sales floor visual standards.
- Ensuring the team is aware of daily sales targets and how to maximize sales.
- Willingness to offer additional goods and services in order to ensure customer is fully aware of the range of products and to increase both sale value and store/individual targets.
- Ensure proper procedures of all transactions at the cash point are accurate, packaged correctly and always thank the customer for their purchase.
- To maintain a working atmosphere, where you work effectively and efficiently with fellow team members to ensure the selling floor, cash point, fitting rooms and stockroom are clean and well maintained to Mountain Warehouse’s standards.
- To train and develop the sales associates and new employees.
Company Policies and Procedures:
- Utilize established Mountain Warehouse policies and procedures to assist in loss prevention for the store and partner with the Store Manager where required.
- Read to and understand company handbook and policies.
- Responsible for all staff training involving Health and Safety policies as per the company and provincial or state regulations.
- Adhere to all company Health and Safety rules and regulations and to report any security or Health and Safety concerns to HR (includes monthly H&S inspections to guarantee employee and customer safety)
- Loss Prevention awareness and diligent on security measures throughout the store and stockroom
- Ensuring company policy and procedures are adhered to; opening and closing procedures, cash security, theft, refunds, stock return, staff purchases and .discounts
- High School graduate or equivalent, Associate or Bachelor’s degree or diploma preferred.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in retail management, customer service, delegation or comparable management experience
- Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, cartons, torsos, etc.) for a short distance
- Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool
Skills sets required:
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- To recognize selling opportunities and utilize the 7 steps of selling
- Ability and willingness to run cash register
- Clear communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be able to multitask
- Ability to provide clear and direct communication for achieving goals and expectations
- Ability to coach and developmental plans for each individual
- Self-initiative and drive to be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Understanding the need to meet tight deadlines
- To be able maintain good time management and prioritize tasks at hand
- Must have flexible working schedule to be able to work days, nights and weekends
Interested applicants should bring their resume to the store.