Here’s what’s possible for H&M Visual Merchandiser:
Yes, we are seeking Visual Merchandisers, but only those who refuse to settle. Those who are fearless of pressure. You see, Visual Merchandisers here do more than just style our fashion according to the H&M guidelines; they also work with the Store Manager and Management team to maximize sales. They also coach the Sales Advisors identifying and teaching new talent. Most importantly, they are charged with helping our stores make a great first impression every day. Because at the end of the day, we can only sell what inspires our customers and it’s up to our Visual Merchandisers to show them what’s possible at H&M.
Job Responsibility including but not limited to:
Provide excellent direct and indirect customer service according to H&M standards and meet the 5 basic demands on the selling floor, in the fitting room and at the cash point.
- Ensure garment presentation and garment care are executed per H&M guidelines.
- Provide the season start information from Sales Organization and prepare the kickoff with the management team
- Update the Commercial Handbook (Department Book & Seasonal Book) and Technical Book with the latest refill pages
- Plan and implement all store campaigns and activities together with the store team
- Ensure consistent garment care throughout the entire store
Actively work in a commercial way to maximize sales, focusing on:
- Top priority products.
- Ensure that orders for display materials and supplies are placed in a timely manner
- Responsible for care and maintenance of display materials
- Keep the visual room clean and organized
- Check the material arriving to the store in a timely fashion, confirming quantities, conditions, etc.
- Minimize security and safety risks
- Plan and work with sales and operation goals to drive growth
- Support in-store routines when necessary
- Train, coach and give daily feedback on garment presentation to the store staff
- Plan and conduct the Keep It Commercial training together with the Department Manager
- Provide label and design training for staff and managers
- Inform store team about changes in the presentation of garments
Minimum Candidate Qualifications
- Certificate or diploma fashion industry specialty preferred
- 2 years of retail visual merchandising experience
- Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items
- Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool
- Strong visual merchandising skills and the ability to drive business through creativity, fashion consciousness
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Ability to provide day-to-day visual training and guidance through H&M’s shared values
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently while still working within a team environment
- Must be able to work with hand and power tools and lift in order to execute display setups
- Ability to work flexible hours and extended hours at times
- May be required to travel to support other stores.
H&M will accommodate disabilities during the recruitment and selection process
If a job applicant requests accommodation from H&M, H&M will consult with the job applicant and make adjustments that best suits their needs
Successful job applicants of H&M will be notified of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
Interested applicants can apply online at: http://career.hm.com/content/hmcareer/en_ca.html