Assistant Store Manager
Thriftys Family of Brands is HIRING!
Thriftys Family of Brands has been a proudly Canadian company since 1942. From day one, our roots have been firmly planted in denim. By keeping up with the latest trends throughout the decades, we have consistently offered our customers the latest denim fits, washes and styles, maintaining our reputation as one of the top denim retailers in Canada. Our brands include Bluenotes, Thriftys by Bluenotes, Aeropostale Canada and Lucky Brand Canada.
Our company philosophy is all about our customers and employees feeling empowered to express their individuality and diversity through fashion – we want YOU to be YOU!
Do you want to work for a company that is a leading brand in the fashion industry? Do you love denim? Are you an authentic, influential individual that will add energy and excitement to our growing business? Do you thrive in an environment that is hands on, fast paced and ever-changing? If you answered “Yes”, then we want to meet you!
The Assistant Manager is responsible for maximizing store sales, managing wage costs, ensuring customer satisfaction and employee training and development. the Assistant Manager achieves these goals by meeting the Company’s 7 Corporate Objectives, adhering to Company policies and procedures and by being a strong and respected role model to all team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
Training, Coaching and development:
- Partner with the Store Manager to ensure all necessary training for the position is completed
- Actively participate in their own training by putting into practice what has been learned
- Provide fair, ongoing and effective training and coaching to all employees so that they can successfully execute their jobs, by using all available training and resources to maximum benefit
- Regularly assess employee performance using available tools and provide constructive feedback on progress and development
- Partner with the Store Manager to h9ld employees accountable through a fair and consistent performance management process
- Partner with the Store Manager to counsel and effectively resolve team performance issues through effective coaching and the use of Performance Improvement Plans and Development Plans
- Provide training and ensure compliance with all Company policies eg. HR, Administration and Loss Prevention
- Provide coaching to employees in accordance with the Company’s performance management policies
- Recommend termination of employment when all training and coaching methods have been exhausted and additional termination criteria has been met
- Complete necessary health and safety training and partner with the store Manager to ensure employees meet and adhere to corporate health and safety policy requirements that contribute to a safe work place.
What we offer you:
- Commitment to our employees – we want you to succeed!
- Ongoing, hands-on training to help you develop your skills.
- Excellent employee discount, on top of our already great prices
- A work environment that is diverse, inclusive, encourages individuality, and is eager to hear your input and ideas.
If all of this has inspired you, let’s talk! Send us your resume today!
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thriftys is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs
To Apply Please Forward Your Resume To: [email protected]