Laura Canada is an iconic and innovative family-owned retailer housing two leading women’s fashion apparel brands, Laura and Melanie Lyne. Based in Laval, Quebec, we design, produce, market and distribute quality apparel across Canada. We proudly employ over 2,000 dedicated team members and operate more than 140 locations and two online stores. We attribute our success to the unwavering commitment of our team to delivering outstanding customer experiences while embodying our shared values of integrity, respect, teamwork, performance, and passion.
At Laura Canada, we believe that delivering an outstanding customer experience is driven by our commitment to an outstanding employee experience.
1. Customer Service
- Observes and coaches team members’ behaviors to maintain high standards of customer service and product knowledge.
- Acts as a role model by providing exemplary customer service using Laura Canada’s customer service standards.
- Effectively builds and maintains a personal clientele by using Laura Canada’s tools and ensures all Sales Associates do the same.
- Demonstrates strong wardrobing skills by coaching and sharing knowledge on current fashion trends, product, and the customers’ unique needs as well as ensuring team members are always up to date on new arrivals, product knowledge, and current fashion trends.
- Conducts SPA weekly.
- Acts as a role model by promoting the website, store CRM, any loyalty program, marketing initiatives in place and direct ship.
- Fosters a vibrant, fun, energetic and enjoyable store environment.
2. Floor Leadership
- Demonstrates excellent floor leadership and has exceptional control of the sales floor (customer service standards, fitting rooms, zone coverage, cash desk area) and monitors segment accountability results.
- Continually monitors traffic trends and reacts in a timely manner.
- Identifies team members’ issues and communicates them to the Store Manager.
3. Business Management
- Assists Store Manager in providing a store environment which consistently maintains Laura Canada’s visual presentation, merchandising and housekeeping standards.
- Assists Store Manager in dressing window mannequins to showcase the store’s inventory and adheres to visual standards, including any mandatory directives that may be issued.
- Assists Store Manager in ensuring proper execution of all Marketing directives with a high sense of urgency.
- Assists Store Manager in executing directives (e.g. receiving goods, implementing markdowns, processing transfers, direct ship and special order requests) accurately and in a timely manner.
- Acts as a back-up to the Store Manager.
- Provides feedback to the Store Manager on quality issues, missed opportunities and inventory mix.
4. Store Performance
Contributes to achieve all key financial objectives established by Laura Canada:
- Closing ratio
- Dollars per transaction
- Units per transaction
- Contagious passion for fashion and customer service
- A minimum of 1 year experience as Sales Associate preferred
- Proven leadership and passion for coaching and developing others
- Ability to create a positive work environment where team members are motivated to learn and grow
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates initiative on an on-going basis.
- Embraces Company initiatives and acts as a change agent to ensure directives are met.
- Open to feedback and implements change in a timely manner.
Individual interested can apply online or bring a resume to the store.